Hidden Mickeys...

If you haven't noticed, I'm missing Disneyland, big time, and while on a walk, I found a Hidden Mickey reminding me of how often I'm reminded of the Magic Kingdom.

For those who don't know, throughout Disneyland, Mickey is hidden, and just like every mouse, he is excellent at hide-and-seek. Google "Hidden Mickeys" and you'll find numerous blogs (even books!) dedicated to uncovering all the secret Mickey heads scattered across Disneyland. Most are subtle, like this at the Mark Twain docks.
Some are visible for a brief moment in time and if you aren't looking in just the right place, you'll miss it. This plate arrangement is found on the banquet table in The Haunted Mansion.
Some Mickeys aren't so hidden, like this one that IS the bowl for my delicious corn chowder. Oh man, so fun.
My girlfriend, Karen, and I send each other photos of the Hidden Mickeys we find (sadly I haven't kept hers). Right after sending me her newest capture, I looked around the room and saw this one on my mantel. Do you see him, hidden in the note card?
Some discoveries are a stretch though I totally see my favorite mouse in this tree stump!
Some Hidden Mickeys are fleeting like this one in snowmelt on a trail in Tahoe.
Even oil stains on a local street provided me with a reminder.
And this is our most recent spotting and the prettiest. I know for those who are not diehard Disney fans, this won't mean much to you. But for me, discovering my favorite Mouse, in any form found, makes my heart happy.

Walt Disney said it best, "Every child is blessed with a vivid imagination. But just as a muscle grows flabby from disuse, so the bright imagination of a child pales in later years if he ceases to exercise it."

posted under |

1 comments:

Nesbit Library rocks! said...

You are definitely exercising your Mickey muscle!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments