Mail Musings...

 I'm on a postal kick currently, and had to share some of it with you.

My Canadian pen pal, Lisa, owns a darling Etsy shop and wanting to support her, I gifted myself this amazing Winter Collection of papers and accents to adorn cards and envelopes with. So fun.
I also joined the Victorian Letter Writers Guild (Jane Austen enthusiasts perhaps). In doing so, I also asked for a new pen pal, "Hope you're all enjoying a happy holiday season! A new year is coming and with it, a chance for new beginnings, new goals, and new friendships. If you enjoy handwritten correspondence with like-minded women, The Victorian Letter Writers Guild may be for you. Follow the instructions below to be matched up with a pen friend and start the new year right!"
Recently, I received my first wonderfully newsy and delightfully filled letter from Lisa who lives in Las Vegas. She and I have a great deal in common and to meet someone new, in this old-fashioned way, was pretty rewarding.
Another talent I follow on Instagram is Italic Illustrator. When she offered this Pen Pal Planner, I knew it was for me. I wish I had it last year. I would have loved to know just how much mail I sent out. I can only imagine (A LOT).
This is my pile for Valentine's Day. I still have much to do but a good amount has been sent out into the world for Mailbox Love to arrive soon.
And if it isn't enough to send mail, I'm reading a book to learn how truly important the United States Postal Service is and how it really did create America. I am getting so much from this interesting book. It's a slow read but that allows me to savor it a bit more and absorb the history. Wow.
This book, The Romance of the Postage Stamp : An Illustrated History of Stamps and Stamp Collecting, is now in my "to read" pile. Published the same year in which I was born, this guide is on the Top 18 Books about Stamp Collecting. I don't think a lot has changed in philately in the last 58 years. I'm intrigued.

I'm certain, if you've followed this blog for any amount of time, you have learned my obsessions. Mail and the United States Postal Service are pretty high on that list!

“How wonderful it is to be able to write someone a letter!
To feel like conveying your thoughts to a person,
to sit at your desk and pick up a pen,
to put your thoughts into words like this is truly marvelous.”
-Haruki Murakami

posted under |

1 comments:

Nesbit Library rocks! said...

Wow, you are all set to send some mail! And the beauty of these supplies is they never have a "use by date".

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments