FINAL Broken Neck Follow Up

 I fractured my neck 514 days ago, today. What a journey it has been. And thankfully IT'S DONE!


I had my final CT scan last week. Since I wanted it to be my last, we held off getting it. Woo hoo. So worth the wait.
I met with my amazing orthopedist for the very last time, virtually.
We looked at the before and after images together. And while I can't say I'm as good as new, I can say that I'm exceptionally happy with the report. I asked Dr. Z if he could tie it all up in a big pretty bow and tell me I'm healed and he said, "Yes, you are fully healed" (though my aspirations of playing in the NFL are over and the zeal for headstands has to be squashed).

Thank you to all of my support team. I couldn't have, nor would I have wanted to, do it without you. Finally, I am no longer a gal with a broken neck. Bring on the old, albeit much safer, Denise.

posted under |

2 comments:

Nesbit Library rocks! said...

WOOHOO, what good news! You can drive now, walk around Tahoe in the winter, everything?!

Four Points Bulletin said...

Congratulations, Denise! That’s unbelievable news. I mean, seriously, I think I should verify with Dr. Z... :)
So happy for you. What a relief that must be.
See you on the roller skating rink!
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments