My New Pen Pal Opportunity...

My Canadian Pen Pal, Lisa, introduced me to The Book Lover Postcard Swap: Comfort Edition!

This Book Postcard Swap, hosted by Barb, of Rite While U Can, and Jessica, of The Paper Trail Diary, is back for a new edition all about comfort reads.
The front of my postcard.
According to the rules, "You are to send your match a bookish/comforting-themed postcard with a little note about a book that brings you comfort! Think about a book that you turn to when you need an escape, or a book you would recommend to someone who wants something nice and light to read right now. Most of us have been isolating for months now, and could use a pick-me-up! What book has kept you company during quarantine? Your postcard doesn't have to have a bookish design on it, though bonus points if it does."
The reverse side of my finished postcard.
As you can see, my theme is the book A Woman of Independent Means, the only adult novel I have read, and thoroughly loved twice. It's an incredible life story told through letter writing! 

I'll finish the postcard as soon as I'm assigned a recipient. I'm excited by the anticipation.


 “What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper
unfolds world after world after world, worlds that sing to you,
comfort and quiet or excite you. Books help us understand who we are
and how we are to behave. They show us what community and friendship mean;
they show us how to live and die.”
-Anne Lamott

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments