COVID-19 Test Results: Negative...

Even though, for the most part, Steve and I have sheltered-at-home since the pandemic began, there were a couple of times where I was concerned about the people and/or things I came in contact with. Also, I seemed to have a lingering, dry cough. Since I tend to worry and since our county offers free, local testing, I went for it.

The testing was very convenient. I booked the appointment online and it was administered at our local Community College. Everyone there was professional and efficient.
Testing for COVID-19 involves inserting a 6-inch long swab (like a long Q-tip) into the cavity between the nose and mouth (nasopharyngeal swab) for 15 seconds and rotating it several times. The swabbing is then repeated on the other side of the nose to make sure enough material is collected. The swab is then inserted into a container and sent to a lab for testing.
I had heard various reports on how awful it would be, but it really was over before I could be uncomfortable.
In three business days, I had the results I had hoped for, "Your COVID-19 test result is Negative". Whew! One less thing to worry about and one more thing to be grateful for.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments