Jenny & the Four Bears...

Jenny had an exciting Tahoe bear encounter today. I wish I was there. I am so glad she shared. This is her story and her images.


"This morning's kayak adventure was exciting and a bit unnerving. At first, it was fun watching a mamma and her cubs play along the river."
"But then a kayaker came up really close to mamma (he probably didn't realize they can swim!)."
"Well after he left, she came down into the water and kept swimming in the river in big circles. She was snorting a lot. At this point, I was stuck up river, as she was at the mouth of the river and lake."


"I think she was just trying to teach her cubs to swim, (they weren't interested). But I wasn't going to kayak past her to get out to the lake. My heart was racing. I needed to find another way out.  Through the lagoons, over the lily pads, and portaged over the sand, back to the lake...whew. A relief to make it back out to the lake. A heart thumping morning! Home safely now."
“Always respect Mother Nature.
Especially when she weighs 400 pounds
and is guarding her baby.”
-James Rollins

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments