Broken Neck Follow Up #7: PT

I just passed the 9 month anniversary of my neck fracture. My timing with coming out of the brace and needing physical therapy couldn't have been worse.

I hadn't had the opportunity (or the nerve) to get intimate with a therapist since COVID-19 and brace removal happened simultaneously. While meeting our son's neighbor/great friend's new twins, she offered to see me, as a PT patient. Gifts arrive in surprising ways.
Dr. M is a talented therapist. She not only advised me on the proper exercises to do, but gave me a thorough massage, loosening those muscles which were constricted for so many months. It felt amazing.
The greatest gift she gave me, however, was hope. She said that the muscles will repair and my neck mobility will get better. I left her backyard feeling better than I had in weeks. Yes, my list of things to be grateful for continues to grow!

posted under |

1 comments:

Nesbit Library rocks! said...

A massage, exercise instructions, and HOPE--how wonderful!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments