Vintage Exercise Bike #2

Our friend Scott inherited this pristine 1966 Schwinn Exerciser and passed it on to me. So dang cool.

My previous find will be strapped to the top of the Camper when we head back to Tahoe. Steve won't trust me on a real bike in a very long time.
I found the catalog showcasing this tool allowing "year-around cycling in your own home!" Most of the 1966 bicycle models are being displayed in Disneyland. This is an amazing snapshot of the "happiest place on earth" 54 years ago. What a treasure this Where Schwinn Takes a Trip to Disneyland catalog is.
About my bike, from the description, "There's nothing like regular daily exercise to help keep fit and trim, and now it's so easy and convenient for all the family, in the privacy of your own home. Quiet, smooth-running, the Schwinn Exerciser has built-in timer, speedometer, and odometer, and adjustable pedal resistance for easy or vigorous workouts." The price for the XR1 Schwinn Exerciser............$66.95.

Did you noticed the vibrating slimming belt machine? Wild 60's memories are evoked by that (my mom had a Jack LaLanne Gym membership with one of these in it). Hysterical!
More memories were evoked by this catalog image. I'm pretty certain we had these bikes, too. Fun stuff. Thanks Scott!

posted under |

1 comments:

Lisa in Canada said...

That seems like a very safe alternative and I don't blame Steve LOL! xo

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments