My "Gym"

I mentioned last month that we purchased a vintage exercise bike at the Goodwill Outlet store in Santa Rosa. Here I am working out at my home gym. I love my DP Super Star!

So, a little about this healthy heirloom. DP, which stands for Diversified Products, sold several types of home gym equipment from the 1960s until they closed their doors in 1998.

Founded in 1961, DP was started by Forrest (Fob) H. James after he discovered a new way to produce barbells. A clean and attractive barbell was the first product that DP sold. From there Fob recognized that there was a need for fitness training at home and decided to expand to other products.

Between the years of 1962 and 1998, DP sold hundreds of thousands of pieces of exercise equipment at stores such as Sears, J.C. Penney, and K-Mart. The company was the largest manufacturer of at home fitness products in the world, establishing plants all over the globe. DP was even asked by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to produce the exercise equipment for the Apollo 11 space flight, as well other flights. They also gained recognition from famous athletes such as professional tennis player Margaret Court and Green Bay Packers quarterback Bart Starr.

So, as you can see, we only buy quality! This bike and I are most likely the same age though I think it's in much better shape. I better get riding.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments