Temecula's Farmers' Market...

How often do we not play tourist in our own town? Somehow, we seemed to forget that every Saturday, Temecula plays host to a pretty delightful farmers' market.

For me, this is a great place to meander. I revel in the discoveries.
With a profusion of colors, scents and sights, a morning at the market delights.


We fell in love with Romanesco Broccoli while living in Italy. Interestingly (to me) Romanesco's head is an example of a fractal image in nature, repeating itself in self-similarity at varying scales.  I have never looked at broccoli in the same way since.



I think the most unique item found today was this Coral Cactus which isn't a cactus or made of coral. This Frankenstein-like grafted plant is a strange, stylish succulent! Wild right?
I am not sure how I feel about Typewriter Transformations Handmade, Unique, Vintage and Historic Jewelry. It is sad to see these old typewriters destroyed but as Steve pointed out, they are most likely beyond repair anyway.

The website states, "You can now wear a piece of history that has written love letters, books,  important documents, and great works of literature. Each piece of jewelry is handmade and modern, but every typewriter key is authentic from a 1920's - 1930's typewriter -- almost 100 years old." When I look at it that way, it's pretty cool.
A Farmers' Market is more than what meets the eye. I look forward to many more Saturdays of discovery (and the Tamale Guy's lunch offerings). It truly is fun being a tourist in one's own town.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments