Birding Around Lake Tahoe...

For twelve hours, I was in the delightful company of Bob and Jenny. What a day to play in Tahoe!

We spotted this Crossbill before we even left Jenny's driveway. I knew then that it was going to be an awesome birding day!
I mean, look at this weather!

The birds were in full force. It was fun to spend some time watching our favorites doing what they do.





I actually got to add seven new birds to my Tahoe Big Year list!
My successes were a Northern Harrier (my favorite), a precious Song Sparrow,  a Red Shoulder Hawk, several Mourning Doves, that first Crossbill, one Starling and several Eared Grebes. What treasures!




It was a day full of complete fun! I have the best friends.
"The bird a nest,
the spider a web,
man friendship."
-William Blake

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments