I Recommend "The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend"

When I started this web log seven years ago, it was solely to document our "One Year of Living in Italy". It has since turned into much more than just a travel journal. So today, from the bibliophile file, I introduce you to Katarina Bivald's exceptional debut novel.

This story grabbed me on so many levels. The main two characters are book loving pen pals. The setting is a small town in Iowa, which the Swedish author captured perfectly. When asked, "What inspired you to write a book about books?" Katarina replied, "I was writing it for myself, I filled it with all the things I like in books: small American towns, quirky characters, people finding community and friendship in unlikely places, love, and of course, reading." Without any spoilers, I highly recommend this novel.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments