I'm Reading to 1st Graders...

In an effort to share my love of Sugar Pines, I volunteered to read the new children's book, The Happiest Tree in the Forest, in a local elementary school. Today was my first foray. It was a huge success.


Many of the students had never seen a Sugar Pine tree, so I had to show them how to identify one. These giant pines grow their cones at the end of their branches. Here's me being a Pinus lambertiana.
Would I have pictured myself reading to a group of students? Never before Tahoe and never before falling in love with the exceptional Sugar Pine.

posted under |

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so awesome.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments