Back Roads, Bingo & Bargains...

For the last two days, I traversed back roads and Memory Lane with Jenny as we spent time with her parents in her childhood home (circa 1963).


Wednesday night ended with several games of Bingo at the Elks Lodge. What a fun group!


Jenny won $60, as did I but I didn't realize it until it was too late to yell "Bingo!". It wasn't a simple game, you had to have clusters of 8. I was confused and then disappointed. Fun, none-the-less!
Today was spent in thrift stores and Estate Sales. While great bargains were to be found, there is something very sad about seeing a life, once lived, reduced to a sale like these. The thing we did take away, besides awesome stuff, was that each home we visited revealed a life well lived.
We meandered back roads and saw so many interesting sights. This mailbox struck as both as something unique, demanding a stop. Miles in the car together, gave us better insight into each other. It was definitely a bonding experience and one I welcome again.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments