Project WILD Training Day...

How fun to spend an entire day getting WILD. Okay, not in a way most would expect. Project Wildlife in Learning Design is an incredible wildlife-focused conservation education program for K-12 educators and their students.

Several times a year, I volunteer with the USFS in a variety of ways so I thought this training would be super beneficial for me. I was right!
The program is based on the premise that young people and educators have a vital interest in learning about our natural world and what better place to do that than Lake Tahoe. Almost 30 of us spent 8.5 hours gaining knowledge, getting to know one another and having a blast doing it all.

The day was three-fold: Project WILD, Aquatic WILD, and Science and Civics: Sustaining Wildlife. We were introduced to the materials, activities, and strategies through very hands-on practice. Kel even became a tree, teaching us all the parts of a pine!
I spent the day with some very dedicated and enthusiastic educators who really inspired. I walked away with great tools for sharing our environment with everyone, not just students. I love a day where I feel I bettered myself. Today certainly was one of those days.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments