Children's Forest Volunteer...

Last year, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announced USDA's continuing commitment to get kids outdoors and connected to the natural world around them through $1 million in cost-share funding from the U.S. Forest Service to enhance children's programs in 18 states.

Locally, Tahoe benefited with the Pope-Baldwin Children's Forest:
The children's forest will include the Tallac Historic Site and engage students in educational programs, service learning projects, and outdoor experiences that connect local youth to the natural world. Emphasis areas include the expansion of the Washoe Tending and Gathering Garden and education of local students on ecosystem health and land management conservation programs.

Since I will be helping out with this incredible program next week, I spent my morning being trained.  I can't wait to learn even more of our history surrounded by 3rd and 4th graders.  I love Ranger Megan's enthusiasm when she said, "I hope you are as excited as I am to really engage our local youth in their big backyard!"

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments