Taylor Creek and the Stream Profile Chamber...

This is one of my favorite spots and I wanted to share it with Kegan, before he heads back to college.

There’s an estimated 300 million crayfish in Lake Tahoe. That’s almost one crayfish for every citizen in the United States.  Strange thought!  This is the first I've seen.
The Stream Profile Chamber provides a view of the stream environment allowing visitors to study a diverted section of Taylor Creek through a panel of aquarium-like windows.  We got to see this very cool frog.  It really is an incredible 'view' of the Lake and a lovely way to pass the afternoon.

posted under |

2 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Hmmmm, I wonder where the crayfish usually hang out...
Too bad Kegan didn't want to jump into the water for a picture of him on the other side of the glass! That would be classic. But I assume there is no swimming allowed right there.

Anonymous said...

Nice thought about the mud bugs! I use to catch them by the dozen back in the mid 80's when I was kid directly under the doc in S. Lake Tahoe

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments