A BRO, a BAR & a BRA...

After gathering my brother and sister-in-law from the Reno airport, we headed to Genoa for a quick beverage on the way back to Tahoe.  Chuck had been to the Genoa Bar and Saloon, Nevada's Oldest Thirst Parlor, but this was a first for Hazel.

Many famous people have visited this unique bar (from Mark Twain to Johnny Cash) but when Raquel Welch visited, she was asked to leave her bra. She agreed but insisted that all the other bras be taken down -and they were! The owner thought it wouldn't be right to exclude anyone, so he now takes lingerie "donations" which he keeps in the old safe. Every time we visit here, I think of his rule, "Go ahead and peek, but remember, the custom is: if you open the door to the safe, a donation is required!"
Well today was my day to peek!  While the bar was incredibly crowded with celebrating golfers, I finally made my contribution to the safe.  It is kind of fun knowing I have left my "mark" in Genoa.

 Now on to three days of sharing Lake Tahoe.  Cheers!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments