My birthday weekend with the kids...
We awoke yesterday to the sound of rain and knew the storm was coming early, so we left in the dark.  While not our favorite thing to do, installing chains was the only way to get over Echo Summit (7382') to spend the weekend in Rohnert Park.
It was slow going but spectacular scenery.
Brenton, Christy, me, Monica, Kegan and Steve...a great group to celebrate with!
Christy's stuffed peppers were amazing.
This morning we gathered for  breakfast and a birthday song.
Kegan is spending his Spring Break in Monica's hometown of Portland!  They have an extremely exciting week planned with her parents.  We all dropped them off at SFO.
Brenton and Christy treated us to a delicious Birthday/St. Patrick's Day lunch at Russian River Brewing Co.... their favorite spot in Santa Rosa.  The place was full of Irish-for-a-day!
My birthday present was two-fold: 1.  I was given a GIANT SCRABBLE® game.  It is the biggest board I have ever seen and I love it!  It is the perfect gift for me!
2.  Brenton and Christy played the game with me.  It is an extra special treat because no one in my family loves Scrabble like I do.  It was a perfect way to celebrate my birthday and St. Pat's.
May the sun shine, all day long,
everything go right, and nothing wrong.
May those you love bring love back to you,
and may all the wishes you wish come true!

posted under |

3 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

What a cool Scrabble board! I love it because all players can easily see it. :)
Looks like a lovely birthday celebration! It worked out perfect that Monica and Keagan could come too.
***

Anonymous said...

that sure is a big scabble board, hope you don't get BOARD with it Sis xx

Nick and Deb's Excellent Adventure said...

Time to get caught up, it has been a crazy week here! Looks like a wonderful way to spend your Birthday! There is nothing better than being with your family! I LOVE scrabble so keep that board out and ready for play!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments