Celebrating Lynne's #5...

My girlfriend, Lynne, and I share a birthday and while I will be turning 50, Lynne will be celebrating her 5th.  It's not her real birthday (obviously), however, five years ago, Lynne had a life-saving bone marrow transplant on my actual birthday and each year since, we've marked the occasion.

Our Quirky Group 4 began meeting when Lynne's immune system was too compromised to venture out.  Even though she beat her Aplastic Anemia, we continue to meet to dine, converse and watch movies.

The theme for the day was suppose to be St. Patrick's Day.  Scott and Lynne made the most amazingly sumptuous lunch-  Dublin Coddle and Irish Soda Bread.  Bill's daughter crafted the ice cream cones (cupcakes baked right in the cones...ingenious and delicious).

The birthday component was a surprise.  It's difficult to explain this eclectic, quirky group of friends but we continue to enjoy each others company and have moments I will always treasure. 
 
We do not remember days;
we remember moments.

~Cesare Pavese

posted under |

2 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

I love the the cupcake in a cone idea, but I have never tried it myself. Do the cones stay crispy?
How was the bread cooked? Baked on the skillet?
I am glad it worked out for you to meet up with Lynne and her husband, being that you live a bit far away now.
Happy 5th to Lynne!!

Anonymous said...

I love the cup cake cone idea tooooooooo !!!!! your blog looks more like a cooking session !! haha and makes me HUNGRY !
much love to you all ! I so enjoy looking at your blog! makes me dream...tanti bacioni da Italia. guen

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments