Our day of home improvement...

Today was a wonderfully productive day of getting stuff done.  I spent most of my time making new curtains.  I washed the existing ones (the green one next to the plaid) and then used that heavy fabric as backing for the colorful ones I sewed.  I was advised by my wise sister-in-law to use the heavy material to keep the cold out.  Since I already had it, I felt very good about recycling.

Steve's task was to construct a barrier so that guests in the 'loft' would not experience severe bodily injury by inadvertently taking a tumble down the staircase (which is almost a ladder, really).  The loft is lovingly named "the room of beds" for serious kid crashing, so I feel better with the handrail. 

The cabin is slowly morphing into our own little, special place. 

Decorating is not about making stage sets,
it's not about making pretty pictures for the magazines;
it's really about creating a quality of life,
a beauty that nourishes the soul.
-Albert Hadley

posted under |

2 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Great job to both of you! Your sewing job looks professional, and the pattern is very cabin-y and very you. And the railing nice, and sturdy!
I can't wait to see it in person. :)
***

Nick and Deb's Excellent Adventure said...

Looks nice, great job on the curtains. It is fun to take on those projects and enjoy the results! The rail looks great, good idea s I do not want to break my neck! LOL! We are thinking maybe October would be a lovely time to enjoy some cooler days and see some pretty colors as well. Our friends were there last October and the pictures were amazing! Enjoy and we love seeing the progress!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments