Quiche, comfort food...

To fuel us for the long drive back to Temecula, I whipped up my world famous, albeit super easy, quiche.  I wanted to share.

Preheat oven to 400.

Saute onions (I use about a 1/4 cup.  this is up to your taste) in olive oil.
3 eggs mixed with 1/3 cup milk, salt & pepper to liking
12 oz of veggies (I use a bag of Bird's Eye Steamfresh Vegetables- broccoli, carrots,
           snap peas, water chestnut blend) cooked as directed and drain well.
4 oz. can diced green chiles, drained
8 oz Mexican blend, pepper jack and cheddar cheese

Mix all together in bowl. Put in a deep dish frozen pie crust.
Put in heated oven on a piece of aluminum foil just in case of over flow.

You can add anything you want to the base egg mixture.  Different cheeses. Meats. Crab.  Anything. 

Bake at 400 for +/- 45 minutes (center should be firm). Turn oven off and let sit in oven for 5-10 min. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting.

FYI about this delicious dish:  Quiche became popular in the U.S. during the 1950's.  Because of its primarily vegetarian ingredients, it was considered a somehow 'unmanly' dish, - "real men don't eat quiche" -a popular saying and book satirizing stereotypes of masculinity.  In the 80's, my brother was quick to point out, "But they do eat egg and cheese pie."

posted under |

3 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

You quiche recipe is my favorite! The picture is making me so HUNGRY!
Thank you for posting the recipe. I am inspired to make one soon. :)
***

outingsandaboutings said...

we have this cooking right now for our easter brunch. cant wait to see if mine turns out as good as yours. thanks for the recipe.

Four Points Bulletin said...

Man, do I LOVE this recipe! I made two today.
#1-Asian:
water chestnuts, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, diced chiles, sauteed onions,and 1/2 package of season stir-fry powder
#2- Shrimp:
canned shrimp, jalapenos, corn and mini brussel sprouts
MMMMMMMmmmmmmm...

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments