More Safari Park Adventures...

When I heard about Terry's last attempt at going to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (a three day weekend when seniors were free... it was incredibly packed), I promised her I would take her and show her just how fantastic it could be.

I kept my promise on Friday and it was perfect.
Our goal was to see the tiger cubs. Third time's a charm!
The two critically endangered Sumatran tiger cubs, born July 12, were lounging about. I would have loved to have seen them more kitten acting but I'll take what I can get.

I thoroughly delight in observing Bo, a 7-year-old male African lion who arrived last May.

I think I now have my usual spot for lunch... The Watering Hole. For the cost of fast food anywhere else in the park, we can dine in this oasis of scenic calmness. Reservations on Open Table are highly recommended.
After our leisurely lunch, we embarked on the 30 minute African Tram.








There's something special when a giraffe approaches the tram route to say goodbye.


One of the least attactive birds I've seen ever was the Abyssinian ground hornbill. This African bird, found north of the equator, is the second largest species of African hornbill.
We briefly watched the act of making new baby Abyssinian ground hornbills. What a show.





The surprise plant find was this Acacia glaucoptera, commonly known as flat wattle. I was drawn to it first by its color and then by the flowers growing directly from its leaf. Wow. When a volunteer saw me mesmerized, she too was surprised by it.
Terry and I may not have seen it all but what we did see was exceptional. There's always next time!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments