Wild Holidays at the Safari Park

For me, this special event at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park is one of my most favorite to thrust me into the holiday spirit.

What a way to see the park in a whole new light! "Take a holiday expedition of light and travel through places that glow and twinkle with holiday cheer. Holiday tunes set the mood, and seasonal food treats tempt you throughout your journey."
We arrived early to enjoy the warm sunshine and to see more of the sights. Our SoCal family met us when the sun set.
When asked, "What can Santa bring you for Christmas?", I was at a loss for words. I think just seeing Santa is all I want for Christmas!
There are certain beasts we cannot miss seeing. Tigers are some of our favorites!


Oh man, the Gorillas! I could watch them for days.

Newman, the Sand Cat, is my friend, Karen's favorite. This was a pretty cute photo of his regalness.
A big treat was to see the platypus being animated and illuminated. The platypus is a semiaquatic, egg-laying mammal endemic to eastern Australia, including Tasmania. The platypus is the sole living representative or monotypic taxon of its family and genus. The two here are the only ones found outside of Australia. Wow.
How cute is this tree kangaroo?
Another delight to see are all the new joeys in Walkabout Australia. This is mom, Clementine with her newest, Crush.
It's wild to see a seven month old joey go back into the mother's pouch. Wild.

I get giddy in the Bridge of Lights. So fun!

These musical performers, Sweater Weather, are a talented guitar and percussion duo who created acoustic renditions of festive holiday songs. What a wondrous night of merriment!

“My favorite color is Christmas lights.”

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments