A Reconnect with my Nephew

On Sunday, I received a text from my nephew, Brett (my older brother's son), which read, "Hey Aunt Denise- we (the 4 of us) are headed to Palm Springs tomorrow for a family trip. I didn't realize how close that is to Temecula until my dad said something. Would you want to meet up for lunch? We are in town 12/27 to 1/1." I was beyond excited and, as it turned out, we were already going to be in town for the Living Desert Zoo's WildLights. We were totally free for lunch. Woohoo.

The last time I saw Brett was Father's Day 2010 at his home in Ohio. Life got in the way for all of us!
Not only is my great nephew a super tall (and quite delightful) teen, but I got to meet my youngest great niece. She wasn't even in the works 11 years ago! Oh man, I love when a spontaneous plan comes together. Promises were made to connect way sooner than a decade from now. I am hopeful.

“The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” –George Santayana

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments