Throwback Thursday: American Idol Concert 2006!

A fortuitous find had me reminiscing and I just had to share.

This flashback comes to you via two emails written over the course of three days. On Thursday, August 24th I wrote, "Woo hoo.  Steve and I, along with Keri and her friend, Teresa, are headed to San Diego tomorrow for the American Idol, Season 5, concert. We are so excited.  Besides not having gone to a concert in a very long time, we absolutely loved this season of A.I.  My boys think I'm a nut and declined the invitation to go but us "40+" year olds are so going!!!

Keri and I have matching shirts that say "Hicks' Chick" with a big red heart. Taylor Hicks was the singer we rooted for the entire season, and he won.  Woo hoo. I will write on Saturday, with photos and a description of the event.  Just know, I'm so excited. O.K. I've got to rest now and save my energy for tomorrow night."


The follow up email was sent on Saturday, August 26, 2006 and read, "Last night could not have been any better! The evening began at the Gaslamp District, of San Diego, with a delicious dinner on the patio of an Italian restaurant.  We then went to the concert and were absolutely 'giddy'.  Steve was the designated photographer and trooper. During the concert, Taylor Hicks entered right by where we were sitting so we thought that was pretty darn cool and thoroughly enjoyed the entire concert experience. It's not hard to find something you like when 10 different people are performing.


After the concert, we went across the street for dessert at a restaurant. When done, I asked Steve if he could drive by the arena, just in case the stars were leaving.  Oh my gosh. Right when we drove up, Taylor Hicks had come out and was signing autographs. Keri and I jumped in front of him for a signature on our shirts.  I know the photo isn't great but Taylor is absolutely wonderful (even though he wouldn't/couldn't sign the front of our shirts). The evening definitely had a major wow factor to it and all of us girls agreed, we were 20 again, for a few moments one August night in 2006!"


So what triggered this trip down Memory Lane? While looking at books at a thrift store, this forgotten bookmark was found. Where has it been for the last 16 years? What a neat find to help evoke wonderful, old memories!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments