Wild about Washi Tape...

Back in September, I blogged about following this truck and how much fun I could have in the Paper Mart warehouse due mainly because of their extensive Washi tape selection.

Well, on Black Friday, there was a sale which included free shipping. Woo hoo. It was my chance to have some tanoshi (that's Japanese for fun).
Here's my haul with a super sweet thank you note hoping I will love my new products. That's a given!
My current collection with room to expand.
So what's all the washi fuss about? This amazingly delightful embellishment is actually a decorative adhesive tape made from traditional Japanese paper (wa meaning ‘Japanese’ and shi meaning ‘paper’). It is fabulous for so many creative endeavors.

Unlike western paper which is made from tree pulp, washi comes from Japanese shrubs. The fact that washi tape is made out of highly renewable resources and is biodegradable means it’s a great addition to any sustainable lifestyle. So yes, you can recycle your Washi Tape. Guilt free crafting at last!

I love this description of it, "It’s durable, it’s waterproof AND heatproof – in case of water-bottle-in-bag leakage, craft-time-wine spillage or if for whatever artistic reason you need to take a hairdryer to your journal (no judgement, you do you). And it will peel off without damage to be used again, giving it great value for money and a tick in the waste-reduction box."

So now do you see why I have such an extensive collection? It's likely to become a problem soon. I'm just warning you. Fun though.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments