Flashback Friday: Postcards 2

This series of travel postcards is grouped because they have been photoshopped. Some of them crack me up and I have deemed them worth sharing.

Steve set up a hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon for my 47th birthday. I prepped this card in order to get the special postmark you can only get at the bottom of this amazing landmark.

Do we have big heads or what? Mount Rushmore was a huge highlight of this road trip. Hysterical.
I prepared these postcards, pre-trip, hence the need to superimpose us in various places. In 2007, we did an explore of Italy for our 20th wedding anniversary. I love this image of us above Florence.
My big brother and I had a family reunion in Des Moines, Iowa, where our parents grew up. I guess we are children of the corn!
I can only imagine the double-take this postcard evoked when the recipients found this in their mailboxes.

Since our travels, currently, are happening mainly along Memory Lane, revisiting these old images helps me to remember the adventures the postcards were created to document. I hope you enjoyed the journey with me!

"Without the letters of condolence, telegrams of congratulations
and even occasional postcards,
the friendship of a separated friend is not a social reality.
It has no existence without the rites of friendship.
Social rituals create a reality which would be nothing without them."
-Mary Douglas

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments