Thanksgiving Moon... WOW

While heading home, after spending the day with Steve's mom, we crested a hill in Temecula and was greeted by the soon to be full moon. I so appreciate this particular orb... what a gift.

While the precise time of the full moon is 05:39 tomorrow, I was thoroughly impressed with it as it rose in the east after the sun went down.
Known as the Frost Moon, this striking display coincides with the the first frosts on the ground.
It is often called the Beaver Moon because this is when some tribes would set their beaver traps to make sure they had plenty of fur to keep them warm during the winter months.

I'm just going to call it the Thanksgiving Moon. What a wonderful way to end a special day. I am so grateful.

I’ve never seen a moon in the sky that,
if it didn’t take my breath away,
at least misplaced it for a moment.
-Colin Farrell

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments