Writing Prompt: The Piano

For my monthly writing group, the hostess, Susan, chose for the topic of our five minute composition The Piano. I thought it was a bit of a challenge but was really pleased by everyone's efforts.

I wrote:

As a child, like most, I was offered piano lessons. After Chopsticks, I progressed to When the Saints Go Marching In, with my greatest accomplishment being Hot Cross Buns.

A piano wasn't on my mind much after my youth. It was the Michael Jackson/ Paul McCartney duet of Ebony & Ivory that reintroduced me to the piano, making it an analogy of harmony amongst humans. The black and white keys, symbolizing the color of each other's skin, distinctly separate but when together, a magical melding occurred.


Life should be a piano. Differences next to one another... apart but whole.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments