Comfort & Joy...

This is me and my dear friend, Cindy at the beach in San Clemente.

Last week, her husband, Marc, lost his very valiant battle against ALS. My visit with her was the first truly free OWN time she has had in a over a decade.  It was like old times for us friends... a sleepover, thrift storing, lunch at the beach, toes in the ocean, laughing, Hallmark movie watching, and many other much needed distractions.


My lunch choice was something I had been meaning to try- Chilaquiles, a delectable dish of tortilla chips cooked in red and green salsa topped with scrambled eggs, pico de gallo, cotija cheese, sour cream and green onion. Yum.


"I stop for Little Free Libraries!"
We even visited with one of Cindy's twins, Brittney and her sweet puppy, Nikki, for coffee at Starbucks. I hope I provided some comfort for Cindy. I know I loved being there for/with her.
Joy came in hanging out with Brady on overdue-for-birthing Day #2.
Cindy sent me with these adorable gifts for the new baby, the first presents Eric has had the opportunity to open.
A stroll to the Oceanside Harbor was followed by a delicious lunch out. What a wonderful couple of days with my friends.


"Be slow to fall into friendship;
but when thou art in,
continue firm and constant."
-Socrates

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments