California Auto Museum & Beyond...

When Julie planned her visit to Lake Tahoe, I texted my Temecula friend, Lori, and I said, "Hey, I'm going to be at the Sacramento Airport on July 28th, why don't you fly in." She booked a ticket and we all picked her up this morning.

Julie's flight wasn't leaving until the evening so we had the entire day to explore. I did some research and planned a super fun day.
After a delicious lunch of Mexican food, we headed to the California Auto Museum, in the heart of Sacramento. How could we resist a place whose mission is, “... to preserve, exhibit, and teach the story of the automobile and its influence on our lives".
We all agreed this was a super cool space and loved every aspect of this museum. Oh, and this Marquis Custom was my favorite. So dang groovy.


This custom 1978 motor home was just too weird for being only 40 years old. Right?



This truck needs to be a character in the next Cars movie. So cute.







There were so many unique vehicles, showcased with their interesting histories. We all thoroughly enjoyed this museum. I really believe it's a must, especially if you have time to kill in Sacramento.
Before dropping Julie off back at the airport, we strolled through Old Sac, learning some history before saying goodbye.
Happy days indeed!

posted under |

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I was impressed that you could sit in a number of the vehicles. I wished I could have sat in my favorite Ferrari and the Ferrari museum. If only!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments