Van Sickle Hike #2

Wanting to shake off sitting for almost 1,000 miles, we headed out early this morning for our new in-town favorite hike... the Van Sickle Bi-State Park.


Since we wanted this to be a power hike, I was not allowed to bring my camera (these images are from Steve's phone). This allowed me to make my best time, hiking this trail, yet. In two hours, I had hiked the 3.6 miles it took to get to the 7,777 ft. elevation marker which indicates the start of the Tahoe Rim Trail (and the place from where I head back down).
With a 1,500 ft elevation change, going up is always slower but I made up for it going down. In 1.5 hours we were done and heading home for more of our fun day. There is always a sense of accomplishment when hiking for me. I am not a natural but I do love it so.
Finding this heart-shaped chewed insect damage was a pretty nice addition to a very nice morning in South Lake Tahoe.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments