First Attempt to Summit Mt. Tallac

One of my summer goals was to climb to the top of Mt. Tallac so at 7:40 AM we began.


 Mileage:
1.6 miles to Floating Island Lake
2.3 miles to Cathedral Lake
4.8 miles to Mt. Tallac summit
Elevation:
Trailhead:  6,480'
Summit:  9,735'

Our first stop was at Floating Island Lake... a place we will return to. It was breathtaking.
After 3.5 hours of trudging uphill, I was faced with this looming landscape and three more hours of hiking to go. I just couldn't continue on. I told Steve, "Your wife is a wuss." He said, "No, my wife was too busy doing other things to train for this hike!" Okay, I like his sentiment better. Even though I did not reach the summit, we walked 18,000+ steps on a glorious Fall day. I'm so not complaining.

"The mountains are calling and I must go."
-John Muir

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments