World Explorers' Club at the Library

Once a month, students meet to learn about the world, do activities, and write letters to their pen pals.  After learning about my trip to Tecate, Mexico in December, Lynne, the coordinator, asked me to be the guest speaker.

I fell in love with this small border town, mainly due to Brady's enthusiasm. She volunteers at the Tecate Community Museum and was able to supply me with handouts about the history and culture of the Kumiai people and this Pueblo Magico.
This was an attentive and curious group of kids who really enjoyed having flyers to take home and appreciated having baskets to hold and study.
Thoughtful questions followed and I believe they all have a new found appreciation for the history of Tecate and a knowledge of its people.  It was a great introduction to a new place and I was happy to be the one to share it.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments