Plastic Bag Ban in Effect...

While many California cities from our tourist-corridor have recently approved and considered bans on plastics in their communities, the City of South Lake Tahoe wants to be a leader on this important environmental initiative here in the Tahoe Basin.  Being situated along shores of South Lake Tahoe, within one of the most sensitive watersheds in the country and known as one of the most popular recreation and tourist destinations in the world, the Sustainability Commission agreed that single-use plastic bags should be eliminated in our community- as of today.

It's a good think I'm a total 'bag lady'.

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Wow! That is great news!! Plastic bags should be banned world wide. People do not understand the affect they are having on the ecosystem. The thought that many of these bags sit in a landfill is disgusting to me. And most others do not even think twice about it! When I don't have a bag on me I just carry the item out or put it in my purse. It is that easy.
Thanks for sharing. I hope other cities join the ban!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments