My nephew-in-law...

David is the husband of Wendy, the niece that made me an auntie 40 years ago.  I just have to share his most recent accomplishment.

We visited the University with David and he took us on a tour of the Chemistry lab.  Even when simplifying, it was beyond my comprehension yet I was duly impressed.
Five professors from Indiana University Bloomington’s College of Arts and Sciences have been promoted to the distinguished rank.

"To earn the rank of distinguished professor one must not only reflect an outstanding record of sustained, high-quality contributions to the areas of research, instruction and service, but to have also demonstrated the lasting and transformative impact of their work,” IU President Michael A. McRobbie said.

David Clemmer has been called an “international star” and the “leading figure” in commercial and academic ion mobility spectrometry in the physical, analytical and biological chemistry communities. Inventor and developer of nested ion mobility/mass spectrometry instrumentation and methodology, his inventions have been applied toward pioneering research on the conformational structure of protein ions in the absence of solvent.

Wow, right?  Again, it's over my head but I'm so very proud of my nephew-in-law.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments