Writing with wonderful women...

A month ago I met Joan, a woman with enviable energy and membership in all the amazing groups in town.  The one that caught my eye, most recently, is the American Association of University Women (AAUW).  Joan chairs Talking on Paper – A Sounding Board.  The intriguing introduction had me hooked:

Talking on Paper writing group will again meet at Bona Fide Books, Tuesday May 1st. A light brunch will precede the event.  Anyone interested in creative writing: family history, stories, poems, letters, is welcome to attend. Our meetings are inspiring, surprising, amusing and above all educational.
What an exceptional group of women.  I described them to her as, "You are all truly the movers and shakers in this world and I am but a ripple in a small, albeit happy, puddle."  

After introductions and eating, we were asked to write for five minutes with the topic being assigned to us, "Passions".  Everyone has such different backgrounds and exciting stories to share, it was incredible.  I am definitely inspired and at times I was amused but mostly I'm in awe and I'm honored to part of this circle of women. 

Oh, and the location... WOW!
Bona Fide Books is a small press on a mountaintop publishing meaningful literature in a variety of formats. We aim to promote bold, unsung writers and connect them with their readers. In an alleged age of declining readership, Bona Fide wants to give everyone a reason to read.

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

This sounds like a great way to express yourself creatively! So, what passions did you write about?
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments