Me and my 'new' bike...

Last week, I had my very first experience with craigslist.  I wanted to get us bikes and we are on a pretty frugal budget with all the house expenses, etc.  I found two bikes for $75 (for the pair) in South Lake Tahoe.  Too good to believe?  When the seller sent me a photo, I was sold... they were yellow (for those who know me, yellow is my color of choice).

After we purchased them, I did my research.  Schwinn's website states, "1995-The New Moab S:  The radically new line includes the new Moab S voted best of show by Mountain Bike Magazine."

Today we took our bikes for a spin. According to http://www.tahoebike.org/

Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Its crystal clear waters, majestic mountain peaks, and vibrant flora and fauna have drawn people here for hundreds of years.

The Lake Tahoe Bicycle Coalition envisions a community that models wisdom, connectivity and responsiveness to its residents, economy and ecosystem, and embodies the leadership needed to balance and sustain these essential elements over time.

The Coalition's mission is to promote liveable and sustainable communities by encouraging more bicycle/pedestrian-friendly facilities and promoting educational programs in which residents and visitors can safely and conveniently ride and walk on a more frequent basis.

So here we are, riding our 'new' bikes and helping our community!  Give, give, give!

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

What a great deal! I love Craigslist. It is the perfect way to try out a new activity. :) Biking is so relaxing, unless you are planning on making a sport of it. Is Steve planning on purchasing any spandex?
Your bike helmet must be a Denise original!
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments