It's a small, small world...

Last week, when we were walking up to the top of Monteluco for the CCM concert in the woods, two guys passed us with bottles of wine.  I commented on it and the speed at which they were walking- youth.  On the way down, after the concert, they struck up a conversation with us.  Because we've been around a lot, they asked how we were involved.

We explained and when I spoke of getting involved with Charleston's Sister City program, I mentioned that I was part of my hometown's sister city as well.  Then Temecula came up.  We discovered that one of the guys, Adrian, is from the town next to ours, Murrieta.  Through more discussing, Adrian realized he was in an elementary class with Steve's nephew.  We also found out that he will be studying in Barcelona at the same time we will be there so we've made plans for tapas in October.

Just when I thought the world couldn't get any smaller, later that night, I screamed from the shower, "Adrian is Evan's brother!"  Evan is a childhood friend of my really good friend, Brady (who was just here in June and whose wedding I was in last August).  She had shared enough about Evan's talented brother that I had an epiphany!  So today he had an American brunch on our Italian terrace and we all delighted in our new friendships.

There is just one moon and one golden sun
And a smile means friendship to everyone.
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide
It's a small, small world!

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

I LOVE that story! I still cannot believe it. Adrian is great. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the company of someone that I have known for 25 years! :)
You just have to hear him play the viola. It is beautiful.
I am glad that I fixed up this meeting for you. Hahaha.
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments