Road trip to Southern Italy...

When we said goodbye to my friend, Annie, on April 16th, we planned to see her and her husband, Bob, in December.  After returning from her trip, her dad, Alex announced that he was taking not only his wife of 50 years, Roz, but the entire Paternostro family to Italy.

Alex left the village of Cuffiano (current population: 86, location: 50 miles northwest of Naples) when he was 16 and has never returned.  We have been invited to join in the family reunion.  In addition to seeing our friends, we get to be part of a  Southern Italian community.  Come il divertimento!

Then, after saying our "ciaos" on Monday morning, we are taking a side excursion to Pompeii...the historic Roman city, buried in 79 AD which deserves a thorough explore in 2011.

I will blog after the weekend.  I am certain to have incredible stories and photos to share!  Until Monday...

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

I can't wait to hear more about it!
Did Cuffiano used to have a larger population? If not, no wonder he left. He would have had to marry a second cousin or something. Hahaha.
I am curious about Pompeii. They take many of the human remains on 'tour'. I think that is rediculous; if people want to see it being there is way more impacting than seeing it in a museum. (Or maybe I am upset I didn't want to fork over the $$$ they were asking to see the exhibit.)
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments