The Godfather Marathon...

Steve has been under the weather so we've been watching the Godfather movies.  There's something classic about watching them here, in Italy.  It is a tragic tale that makes one sad and thankful all at the same time.  Definitely worth revisiting from time to time. 

It was extra interesting to see Franc D'Ambrosio as Michael Corleone's opera singing son (he's the really nice guy we picked up from the airport earlier in the month).  When talking about the audition process, he was advised to just be himself.  What better person to play the part than someone of Italian heritage, born in New York, whose father wants him to go into the family business.  Franc's dad was a baker, however, not a mafia don!  While googling him, I found a great archived clip of him promoting The Godfather III on Regis and Kathie Lee, definitely worth a brief glimpse of his immense talent.

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

'I am going to make you an offer you can't refuse...' Godfather, right?
I have never seen it. So, I should probably visit it one time before I revisit it from time to time.
Don't tell Freddy I have never seen it. I think it is kind of like never having seen Star Wars... (not me, my sis).

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments