We left our hearts in Santorini...

We flew from Rome to Santorini and spent a magical four days there, nestled in the village of Oia.  We weren't prepared for the powerful impact this small, volcanic island would have on us.

I was surprised by so many things, the greatest being the true colors of Santorini.  The bluest of blues contrasting with the purest white.  Each year, the weather elements are devastating on the town, and with Spring being a time of renewal, the town is renewed as well.  We were so off-season that most mornings, it was only Steve, the renovation workers and me meandering through the peaceful, quaint, marbled passageways.

Oia is home to the most amazing sunsets.  It was the one place we found the hardest to leave and the one that we long to return to most.

posted under |

2 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

I can't wait to go there!! It looks like Disneyland...too perfect!
And the water...how magnificant!
I would like to see a sunset picture now...
LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Denise and Steve,

Glad you stopped there in Santorini!
When I took my year-long trip around the world 20 years ago, I decided to spend one week in Sanorini at the very end of my trip just to hanging out and reflect. Being from an airline family, I had been to Santorini many times before and knew it to be a great place to chill. I thought it would be the best place to sit at one of the hotels on the cliff, drink wine and reflect on my past advenutres during my year long trip. I rarely left the patio area of my hotel that week and just relaxed, enjoyed the view and rembering all the good times in my travels.

Cant wait to go back,

Tim Martin

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments