Miscellaneous Stuff...
Steve and I have embarked on a Road Trip. Before fully beginning, we made very necessary stops to hug on grandchildren and to visit old friends.
Besides numerous rounds of backgammon, strolls throughout the neighborhood, crafting, and just having time together, we also went on a walk on Sonoma County's West County Regional Trail.I will walk almost any trail if it ends in a quaint town that offers coffee and cinammon rolls. Today's found us in Forestville.
One of the things I share with both daughters-in-law is a love of thrifting. While I didn't buy this kit to make Betty Ann it was a reminder of Steve's Mom and we both loved that.
What I did buy was this vintage 1991 Conair butane curling iron! I had one for decades and when it died, the new version that was available was junk. When camping, we mostly do not have electricity so having a gas powered way to add a little curl is a special treat. So very, very cool.
Santa Rosa is home to a beloved collection of Peanuts statues, a lasting tribute to Charles M. Schulz, who lived and worked here for over 30 years. Originally part of Peanuts on Parade, a series of public art projects celebrating Schulz’s iconic characters, these larger-than-life sculptures of Snoopy, Charlie Brown, Woodstock, Lucy, and more now reside at local businesses, parks, and neighborhoods across the city. One day, I planned to find them all. They bring me joy.
We ended our official First Day on the Road in Redding visiting our old Tahoe friends, Joanne and Gene (read about them here). What a start to the adventure.
.jpg)
%20(Medium).jpg)
%20(Medium).jpg)
%20(Medium).jpg)
%20(Medium).jpg)
%20(Medium).jpg)
%20(Medium).jpg)
%20(Medium).jpg)
%20(Medium).jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment