My Recent Reads...
Henry Ward Beecher said, "There is a temperate zone in the mind... and it is to this region, just between laziness and labor, that summer reading belongs."I must confess, I don't read enough in the Summer. My days are so full that I melt into bed at night too weary to even hold a book, much less read one. That said, my most recent accomplishments have been exceptional. All the Beauty in the World, Patrick Bringley's memoir about his ten years working as a guard at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art, brings new meaning to the term "art appreciation." I will never explore a museum in the same way. Wow.
The Loves of Theodore Roosevelt: The Women Who Created a President, by Edward O'Keefe, was a surprisingly intriguing read. I learned so much, especially about the five remarkable women - mother Mittie, sisters Bamie and Conie, wives Alice and Edith - who shaped Theodore's feminist views and political career.
Tom Selleck's You Never Know is a candid memoir of his accidental Hollywood journey, personal life, iconic roles, and how he redefined masculinity on screen. It was a sweet treat of a read for this longtime fan.
%20(Medium).jpg)
%20(Medium).jpg)
%20(Medium).jpg)

1 comments:
I read the first book and loved it. I never really thought about what a day in a security guard's life at an art museum would be like.
I am intrigued by the second book, as I am a huge fan of Theodore Roosevelt and have read quite a few books about him.
A lady at the Library last week recommended, The Big Burn, by Timothy Egan. It also has to do with Theodore Roosevelt, and his desire to conserve land for our country, in the midst of a huge fire outbreak. The person I spoke to said it is her favorite nonfiction book. This is on my TBR!!
Keep the blogs coming:)
Kim
Post a Comment