My Mail Count of 2022...

Last year was the only time I have kept track, as best as I could, of all the mail I sent out into the world. I was curious as I have proclaimed, on many occasions, to being the United States Postal Service's Biggest Fan.


I ended 2021 by purchasing this very adorable Pen Pal Planner.
My organization began nice and tidy though from the beginning I knew the planner wasn't going to contain all the corresponding I needed to document.
Letters/cards/packages/postcards went out to a variety of people over the course of the year. Friends and family of course, but I also mailed to strangers who needed encouragement, children who needed extra special birthdays, and seniors who just needed something more. I really do believe what John Donne said about mail, "More than kisses, letters mingle souls."
So what was my grand total? I sent, on average, 2.175 pieces of postal love per day, or 65.25 missives mailed per month, with the true grand total being 783 items of heartfelt correspondence brightening mailboxes over the course of twelve months. Wow. Though honestly, I thought the number would have been higher. Maybe this year!

“I've always felt there is something sacred in a piece of paper
that travels the earth from hand to hand,
head to head,
heart to heart.”
― Robert Michael Pyle

posted under |

1 comments:

Nesbit Library rocks! said...

Yesterday I was a recipient of one of your positivity notes with turtle stationery--thank you! It's always full of fun.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments