Found & Returned

A year ago, at a Friends of the Library bookstore, I discovered this 1st edition, autographed, 1940 copy of Old Glass Paperweights, by Evangeline H. Bergstrom and was intrigued.

The description reads, "This book covers all elements of the art of paperweights in all countries. Of special importance to collectors are the information and guidance that enable them to identify valuable pieces and to detect frauds, imitations, faulty and worthless weights." This is one of those times when I had to proclaim, "I had no idea!"

I did a pretty thorough blog about it (link here) and decided it needed to be with its people at its museum so I sent it off. I've done this with a number of my discovered treasures and sometimes I hear from the recipients and oftentimes I don't. This time I did.
The letter I received, from Casey Eichhorn, the curator reads:
"Thank you very much for sending me a signed copy of Mrs. Evangeline Bergstrom's Old Glass Paperweights, which I received in this afternoon's post. I am most grateful that this particular edition has found its way back "home." It shall be added to the Bergstrom-Mahler's non-circulating research collection with a note as to your previous ownership and donation. Thank you for your generosity and spirit of giving."

That, for me, was worth the price of postage! I'm a content mailer.

"To acknowledge the receipt of letters is always proper,
to remove doubts of their miscarriage."
~George Washington

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments