SEW Wonderful...

A while ago, Karen went to a FREE Garage Sale (yes, everything there was free). Knowing I love sewing patterns, she picked up this treasure chest for me. WOW. What a find! Thank you so much, sweet friend.

Many of the gems within were pretty vintage. I never knew patterns were copyrighted, complete with a date.
Of course, there has to be a Disney tie-in. I love this costume and probably would have made it for my boys. Davy Crockett was a five-part serial which aired on ABC from 1954–1955 in one-hour episodes, on the Disneyland series. The show starred Fess Parker as real-life frontiersman Davy Crockett and Buddy Ebsen as his friend, George Russel. I know we watched reruns.


This 1953 ensemble is quite chic, especially if your waist was that size!
I could see making the middle number and wearing it to Palm Springs! So me.

There was even a pattern for Barbie clothes. Whoever owned this box before me had style and was an excellent Mom.
Continuing on my new hoarding focus, this vintage collection of sewing notions set me back $10 on facebook marketplace. I couldn't help myself and I need none of it. I just thought it was beyond cool.


This is my mom, hard at work at her sewing machine, making a clown outfit for my brother (which I still own). She was a wonderful seamstress, having made so many spectacular pieces for me (costumes, prom dresses, a skating outfit). I wish I still had them all.

These new treasures provoked sweet memories for me. I just now realized how much.

posted under |

3 comments:

dasboo said...

How lucky for you! Have fun with it all!

Denise said...

I thought the exact same thing about the middle dress before I even read your comment!

Lisa in Canada said...

What fun!! OMG! Such a fabulous score of treasures :) Right place at the right time.
Love the photo too. Hugs xo

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments