Disneyland: Birthday Month Kickoff

I knew, as of last November (when I purchased our tickets), that I wanted to spend Day #1 of my birthday month at Disneyland. Steve was in! 

Just taking the tram from the parking structure started the merriment.

Steve's goal was to ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, "a massive attraction with multiple ride systems that is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced at the Disneyland Resort… or anywhere else in the galaxy!"
Steve wanted to try it first to make certain it wasn't too rough for me (my orthopedist said no more "tackle football, headstands, or rollercoasters"). I waited with him in the hour long line until I heard from my Disneyland pal, Cindy.
Our meet up was exceptional. When our kids were in elementary school, we would drop them off for their day of education while we headed directly to Disneyland. We went a lot! It has been years but it felt just like yesterday. So unforgettable.




Cindy's daughter and granddaughter were also in the park and met us for It's a Small World. What fun to ride accompanied by the delightful glee of a toddler.

After hours of reconnecting, Cindy and I said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.
Steve and I spent the rest of the day just wandering.



My birthday lunch was at Café Orleans. We shared the Shrimp & Grits (Andouille Sausage, Corn-Pepper Relish and Wilted Greens) and my favorite, Battered & Fried Monte Cristo Sandwich (Sliced Turkey, Ham and Swiss with Pommes Frites). Oh man, we had been dreaming about this lunch. It was delicious. And yes, I brought my own 6-0 candles.


All characters were kept behind barriers, which was difficult to get used to. I'm a big hugger and I missed the intimacy! "It is what it is".
Our second, and last ride, was Autopia. The Park was pretty crowded and standing in lines just wasn't our thing. I am not complaining. It was fabulous to be there.
It has been years since we've been at Disneyland at night. We had to see it all, fully illuminated. Wow.
Steve deemed Rise of the Resistance to be a must for me. We headed back to Galaxy's Edge, got in line, waited patiently, and were then sent away (after 90 minutes) when the ride broke with no hope of an immediate repair. Oh well, next time!





And right when we were leaving, Mickey Mouse appeared. Somehow that made the day complete. I have to say my birthday month is off to an amazing start.

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome.
Disneyland is your land.
Here age relives fond memories of the past—
and here youth may savor the challenge
and promise of the future.
Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals,
the dreams and the hard facts that have created America—
with the hope that it will be a source of joy
and inspiration to all the world.”
-Walt Disney

posted under |

2 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday! Wishing you an amazing next decade!

Four Points Bulletin said...

Wow! You had a FULL Disney Day! How fun. And what a difference a year makes, right? With your full neck recovery.
The Rise of the Resistance is incredible, you have that to look forward to next time. I am looking forward to experiencing the Avengers Campus at California Adventure. It opened just weeks after our last CA Adventure visit. There is always something to look forward to!
Did you hear that the flower Mickey at the entrance transformed into a flower Minnie! Go girls!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments