Our Sunday/Funday in Palm Springs

Lately, whenever we're in SoCal and we have the first Sunday on the month free, we try to meet up with Julie for the Palm Springs Vintage Market.

The morning began early and cold, but thankfully the desert day reached its promised high of 88℉.


Every visit here evokes memories of my childhood. So many treasures were ones I once owned.




Julie's folks owned this Country Estate chip & dip set so she just had to get it for her 1963 house. What a find.
Oh man, I laughed out loud at this dress offered for sale. I think I owned this actual beauty in 2012, purchased at a Thrift Store in Tahoe.
I wore it a few times to the Valhalla Renaissance Faire at Camp Rich! Talk about a memory evoker. Wow.
The vendors always offer something I would love to own but could never buy (either from practicality or expense). But a girl can dream.


Steve texted me to come see this chair. We learned of it at the Modern Chair Exhibit, here in Palm Springs. "Marcel Breuer's the Wassily Chair (1927) is one of the most radical pieces of early modernist furniture."
Some items for sale make me wonder if anyone will ever buy them, like this 10" tall finger candle...
...or this pink wire poodle magazine rack.

Okay, this prominently displayed framed art, edited for this publication, made me laugh out loud. I don't know about you, but I was really into hooking rugs (in the 1930s, latch-hook wool rugs became popular and latch-hooking guidelines helped standardize the craft). Oh, what those early hookers would have thought about this one.
People watching makes the day complete. I love the outfits.

After shopping and strolling, lunch was in Downtown at the delicious Las Casuelas Terraza.
I follow Palm Springs on Facebook. It was there that I learned of a new mover & shaker in town- Tracy Turco (artist, designer, author, hotelier, entrepreneur and style icon). She has purchased THREE hotels from 1961 and has created amazing mid-century modern destinations. One day I will stay in one (if not all) of them. We ogled them from outside and loved them all.








And this groovy RV is her mobile store. This lady does have style. I appreciate it all.
Each visit to Palm Springs thoroughly delights. I so agree with this quote. I’m all about wanderlust and desert dust." We plan to return often!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments